Sunday, December 15, 2013

Student Gifts & A Little Elf Mischief...

What do you do for student holiday gifts?  Like many people, I hope for a reasonable holiday book in the Scholastic book orders and then order 23 of them.  This year's selection is admittedly not my favorite, but it is cute and the kids will love it.
 
Usually I hit the Dollar Store for some cute wintery wrapping paper, but this year, I happened to be in Michael's and found this Debbie Mumm owly paper:
 
 
$6 a roll was a little more than I usually spend on paper that my kiddos won't even look at before tearing off (lol) but it was so darn cute for my Wise Owls that I couldn't resist.  I bought two rolls to make sure I had enough for 23 books, and I guess you get what you pay for, because I didn't even make it through one roll!  Now I am super excited to have a full roll ready to go for next year.  You know how excited we teachers get over being well prepared! :)
 
Most of my area was closed down with the snow we got yesterday in central New Jersey, so here is what I spent some time doing:
 
Ahhh... wrapping in front of the fire... kinda makes me wish every Saturday were like this!
 
Meanwhile, our family elf, Blitz, has been up to more mischief...
 
She showed up in the kids' bathroom taking a marshmallow bubble bath.
 
Then on our very first day of snow, she led the girls down the hall from their bedrooms with some signs...



... all the way to the front door, where she was staring out at the Winter Wonderland!
She had also left us our own snowy wonderland in the living room:
 
She and Barbie played a little checkers with peanut butter cups, yum!
 
Dun dun dunnnnnn.... this warning came after a day when my girls were not particularly nice to one another.  (Chocolate crackle coal.... a Dollar Store find!)
 
Oh, Blitz!  You stinker!  Writing on our pictures with dry erase marker!
 
Tsk, tsk....
 
Then she did something nice and put candy canes on the tree. :)
 
Oh, Blitz.  What will you do next?
 
Ok, now I'd better start writing lesson plans and my reflection to my pop-in observation that occurred this past week (glad to have that done!) while my poor hubby shovels us out of snow and ice.
Hope you are staying warm this weekend!
 




post signature

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsey! I loved your Elf on Shelf ideas. So cute! I can't wait to take ours out again next year. Ours was packed away this year because we are trying to sell our house.

    I nominated your blog for an award on my blog. Please come check it out!

    Meredith
    1, 2, Eyes On You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsey! I found you through a series of links through a series of blogs....haha! I just started blogging and I get lost in links!! Anyway wanted to stop and say your house looks SO cozy and comfy with your fire and all the decorations!

    Kate :)
    McDee's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, I love your awesome idea. Kids will surely love this little elf mischief. For the students who love books, Assouline publisher of luxury books, producing titles on topics as diverse as food, art, history, and more. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Speak to me! :)