Saturday, August 10, 2013

Birthday, Cupcakes, and Some FREEBIE Love!

Hey guys! Tomorrow is my birthday (the big 3-8 lol) but since we will be on the 7 hour drive to Vermont (I can't wait!), we are celebrating today. Yahoo! ;)
 
First, I have to show you a couple of the amazing gifts that Handsome Hubs and my girls gave me this morning:

 
Look at this adorable owl pillow for my classroom! Oh my goodness!  Check this out... the very first thing you see when you walk into my classroom is my big blue teacher chair (it used to be part of a living room set in our first house. My kiddies look SO cute when they sit there to read their writing to the class or to share something, their feet hang straight off the front. Hehe!). Isn't this pillow perfect for that chair? I promise I will show you lots more of my classroom soon... This pic is from last year and I haven't gone in to set up yet this summer!
 
 
But wait! There's more! They got me this amazing owl dress from ModCloth, one of my insanely favorite online clothing shops. (If it looks a little weird, it is gathered at the sides and I haven't ironed it yet.) AND they got me the sweater behind it since my classroom is like the Arctic all year long (it gets both very hot and very cold in NJ but my classroom is pretty consistently freezing). I have a lot of cute dresses that I give up on wearing to school because it's too cold in my room. So my hubby was totally on top of it, and ModCloth suggested the sweater color as a complimentary shade. I can't even tell you how grateful I am, these were really sweet, thoughtful, and perfect birthday gifts!
 
 
I could show you more gifties (yes, there are more!), but I have a few other things to show you instead! A wonderful fellow first grade teacher friend in my building came up with the cutest classroom theme of "Sweeties" and has decorated her room with cupcakes and candy décor. It is the cutest darn thing! So birthdays and cupcakes and sweeties got me on a roll this week! First I created this, which I am going to give to her for her class (it is also available in my TpT store) - a SMARTboard attendance file:
 
Click to see it in TpT
 
I like how it turned out so much that I think I will use it on student birthdays to switch things up a little bit from my regular owly one. Fun!  But that's not all... I wanted to give a little freebie gift on my birthday, so here are some First Day (or anytime!) Sweet Treat Tags. The file includes tags for Pre-K, Kindergarten, and grades 1 through 5. Click one of the pics to grab them FREE! :)
 
Pre-K to 5th grade included!

I will be in the car most of tomorrow and I'm not sure how often I'll get online while we're away this coming week, but you never know.  Have a great week!  To those of you who have already marched back into the trenches, have a wonderful school year!

 
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me! :)